Turmeric is a spice that is becoming a household name, and for good reason! There have been hundreds of studies that have proven that turmeric has more powerful properties and effects than some pharmaceuticals. Turmeric is best known for its ant inflammatory effects but has too many benefits to count.
Turmeric is considered…
- A disease-preventive agent
- Studies have shown to reduce risk of cancers, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s disease among many others
- An anti-inflammatory powerhouse
- Studies have shown this spice is great for treating arthritis and other injuries.
- A digestive aid
- Turmeric contains a component that helps increase the flow of bile, an important component in the breakdown of dietary fat.
- An antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal agent which all help strengthen the immune system and ward off the risk of catching viruses.
- A Liver Detoxifier
- Turmeric increases production of vital enzymes that break down and reduce toxins within the body. Turmeric is also known to increase and improve blood circulation which aids in this detox process
Golden Milk Recipe
Turmeric Milk is a great way to get immediate benefits; when sipped on first thing in the morning or before bed at night it will cleanse and shock your system reaping all the benefits very fast!
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- dash of black pepper (you need this to activate the turmeric)
- 2 cups of almond or coconut milk
- raw honey to sweeten (about 1/2 tsp)
- Heat milk of choice over stove until it reaches a boil
- Add in the spices and sweetener and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes
- Pour into a mug and enjoy 🙂