I quite often here that breakfast is one of the hardest meals of the day for people on the go. This week I am sharing an easy and super quick recipe that you make the night before and simply grab and go in the morning. Not to mention, this recipe is delicious and full of great nutrients to kick start your day!
Banana Almond Butter Chia Pudding
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 Tbsp almond butter
1 ripe banana
1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
Blend the banana, almond butter and almond milk until creamy & smooth,
Combine the chia seeds and blender mixture in a small mason jar or other small container
Store in the fridge overnight
In the morning, top with fresh berries, shredded coconut and nuts for an amazing breakfast!
Craving something sweet for breakfast or looking for a healthier alternative for dessert?
Try this amazing Almond Joy Chia Pudding. Feel free to sub out the almonds for berries or another fruit or nut as desired 🙂
Almond Joy Chia Pudding:
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon 100% maple syrup or organic honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut, plus a little more for topping
- ⅛ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- cacao nibs for topping
- almond slivers for topping
1. Combine chia seeds, coconut milk, maple syrup, shredded coconut, cacao powder and vanilla extract into a mason jar or small bowl.
2. Cover mixture and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Top with cacao nibs, shredded coconut, and some almond slivers in the morning and enjoy 🙂
If there is one type of seed you should incorporate into your diet it is the Chia Seed. These seeds have become widely known as a superfood and are becoming very trendy in the health food world. Here are 10 reasons why you should have Chia Seeds if not everyday, at least a few times a week:
1. Chia Seeds are LOADED with antioxidants & minerals
2. Great source of healthy fats: Omega 3’s and 5’s
3. Filled with Fiber: 1 serving contains 11 grams
4. High in quality protein
5. Chia seeds aid in weight loss because they absorb 10-12 times their weight keeping you full longer
6. Improve blood pressure and increase healthy cholesterol while lowering bad cholesterol
7. High in bone nutrients
8. Gluten Free and can be eaten whole unlike flax seeds
9. Regulate insulin and blood sugar levels
10. Great source of calcium: contains 5 times more than milk
Chia seeds can easily be added into smoothies, stirred into yogurts, or sprinkled on top or into baked goods. Chia seeds can also be used in place of eggs to lower cholesterol and increase the nutrient content of foods and baked goods. To make the egg replacement, mix 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water and let sit for 15 minutes.
My new favorite way to get my daily dosage is by making Vanilla Chia Pudding. This recipe is SO easy to make and can be made in a ton of flavor variations.
Simple Vanilla Chia Pudding Ingredients:
3 tbs chia seeds
1 cup of nut or coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp honey (optional)
any fruits of choice for toppings
Additional Ingredients for Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding:
1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder
1. Simply mix the coconut milk or nut milk with the vanilla extract, matcha, and chia seeds in a small container that has a lid (mason jar, etc)
2. Stir every so often for 15-3o minutes
3. Store in your fridgerator overnight with the lid sealed
4. In the morning, top with fruit, nuts, a scoop of nut butter, coconut flakes, etc.
This article also appears on Women’s iLab to inspire the next generation of female leaders.