EASY Tips to Feel More Energized FAST
- Reduce or (if possible) eliminate caffeine. Caffeine causes many ups and downs that include dehydration and blood sugar lows and highs, making mood swings more frequent.
- Drink lots of water – Most of us are chronically dehydrated. Try to drink a glass of water before you go to sugar or caffeine and wait a few minutes to see what happens.
- Eat tons of dark leafy green vegetables. Green is associated with spring, a time of renewal and refreshing. Greens are full of vitamins and nutrients and great for improving circulation, lifting the spirit, purifying the blood, and strengthening your immune system.
- Use real sweets. Avoid sugar and chemical artificial sweeteners. Use natural sweeteners like maple syrup, brown rice syrup, and agave nectar. Eat sweet vegetables such as yams, carrots, and beets or fruit to curb sweet cravings.
- Get Moving. Start with simple activities, like walking or yoga. As this becomes a routine increase the amount or type of exercise.
- Get more SLEEP, rest and relaxation. When you are tired or stressed, your body will crave energy. These cravings are often a result of being sleep-deprived, going to bed late, and waking up early for months and years on end.
- Evaluate the amount of animal food you eat. Eating too much meat, dairy, chicken, and eggs can lead to low energy. So can eating too little! Experiment and see what your body feels the best with.
- Evaluate your close relationships to see if there are people who drain you of your energy. It doesn’t mean that they are bad, but it is good to notice who drains you and why. See if you can transform those relationships by communicating and/or setting boundaries. Don’t be afraid to distance yourself or end the relationship.
- Take time for YOU. Find activities that restore your energy, such as a walk, a bath, a movie, or whatever you might enjoy and schedule some time with yourself to do these things!
content via IIN