During a long weekend trip to Nashville this past fall with Justin, we stumbled upon a restaurant we loved and ended up going to twice while we were there. On their menu they had this amazing shredded kale salad that we couldn’t get enough of ( I know, I know, not typical vacation food – but trust me there were burgers and sweet potato fries consumed after this). I was determined to remember to replicate it when we got home (and after I purchased a food processor). Fast forward to January, after receiving a food processor from my parents for Christmas 🙂 , I finally got around to trying to replicate the recipe and to my delight it was a success and now I want to share it with all of you! This salad is super easy to make, very healthy, and really tastes great too. The shredded of the kale and added dressing really makes the bitter kale flavor you are used to.
Shredded Kale Salad
1 bag of kale – take out the big stems
2 tbs of olive oil
¼ cup of toasted slivered almonds
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
optional: add ¼ cup of dried cranberries or sundried tomato pieces for a little sweet taste
- Place half the bag of kale into the food processor with a tablespoon of olive oil and pulse until it is finely ground into small pieces.
- Add the rest of the kale and additional tablespoon of olive oil and finish the shredding process
- Remove all the shredded kale into a big bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon and a small additional drizzle of olive oil and toss.
- Add the slivered almonds, parmesan cheese and any additional toppings and mix well.
Serve and Enjoy 🙂