Granola is always coined as a “health food,” and it certainly can be, but most of the time it is LOADED with added sugars and artificial flavorings. My homemade recipe is sugar free and still delicious – use it as a topping on yogurt, chia pudding, smoothie bowls or just eat it as a snack 🙂
Homemade Sugar-Free Granola Recipe
• 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
• 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
• 1 cup raw unsalted walnuts
• 1 cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• 3 cups regular gluten free rolled oats
• 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground dried ginger
• 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Place the almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut and oats into a large baking dish. Add the cinnamon and ground ginger and mix to combine.
3. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with applesauce and pour the mixture over the nuts. Mix well to coat.
4. Place the baking dish into a preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the liquid is evaporated and the nuts and oats are golden. Make sure to stir the granola every 10 minutes to ensure that it cooks evenly. Also, keep in mind that if you reduce the amount of ingredients, the granola will bake faster.
5. Take the baking dish out of the oven and let the granola cool completely.
6. Store in a glass container with a tight lid in a cool dark place.