On my birthday, I was very lucky to come home from my Pure Barre class to an amazing brunch, all thanks to my boyfriend, Justin. He took just about all my favorite foods and came up with this great brunch recipe. We have enjoyed it a few times since because it is just so good and I wanted to share it all with you. Warning it does take some prep and a good amount of time, but I promise you it is VERY worth it.
Shredded Brussel, Chorizo, and Sweet Potato Hash
1 bag of shredded Brussel sprouts
½ cup cut up chorizo pieces
1 cup sliced mushrooms cut into smaller pieces
1 medium to large Japanese sweet potato
coconut oil/olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Start by cutting your sweet potato into small cubes and laying out on a coconut oil / olive oil sprayed baking sheet
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle garlic powder and a tiny bit of sea salt all over the sweet potato cubes before placing them in the oven for about 35 minutes
- While the potatoes are cooking; in a small frying pan sprayed with coconut oil cook the shredded brussel sprouts, chorizo and mushrooms on medium for about 20-25 minutes.
- In another small frying pan or in the same one – cook two eggs over easy.
- Once the eggs are cooked – turn off the stove and take out your sweet potatoes.
- Place the sweet potatoes onto a plate or bowl of choice then top with all the ingredients in the frying pan.
Serve and Enjoy 🙂