Over this past weekend I spent some time catching up on my some of my favorite health bloggers sites. My favorite, and one of my biggest role models in this industry, Elise of Kale & Chocolate, had posted an article that really hit home for me and I wanted to share with all of you; especially during this holiday season. The article is all about embracing your flaws and loving yourself. Below is an excerpt of the article;
“A few days ago, I had just come in from a run and was doing my early morning stretch-and-Instagram scroll when I came across this startling image on my friend Sarah’s Instagram page. In it, you see a young woman on a train. She’s staring into the middle distance and on the wall next to her is a flyer that reads, “In a society that profits from your self-doubt, liking yourself is a rebellious act.” While I’ve never thought about it in those terms, I was taken aback by the truth in this statement. I’m a recovering perfectionist and over-thinker. I know what it is to doubt my choices, my habits, and myself. I’m very familiar with that tough inner critic. So the thought of standing up and saying “I like myself” feels terrifying and, yes, a little rebellious.”
– See more at: http://kaleandchocolate.com/the-truth-about-liking-yourself-why-it-matters/#sthash.tuaPQdj4.dpuf
Elise continues the article by being “rebellious” and sharing with her readers a few of what she believes are her strong strengths and encourages her readers to do the same. I am very passionate about the topic of self-love and today I am going to share a few of mine below:
- Dedicated: I am very loyal and caring to those in my life that are close to me; family and friends.
- Creature of Habit: I like routines, schedules and planning. This keeps me on track, organized and feeling my best.
- Amateur Chef: I love cooking and experimenting with recipes in order to make them my own. I love fresh food and sharing my creations with family and friends.
- Adult Athlete: I consider myself in good shape and fit. I am fortunate to be able to try any class without fear of failure or discouragement.
I would love to hear from all of you! Comment below with one of your favorite traits or share this post on your Facebook page and add your favorite trait in the posting and start a revolution of self-love this holiday season!
Leave a Reply