Nothing screams fall more than enjoying some chili while watching Sunday football. I was on the hunt for a good healthy turkey chili recipe when I stumbled upon a Trader Joe’s Recipe that was simple and easy. I tweaked it slightly to sub out a few ingredients but the result was perfect and I am really excited to share it with you. All the ingredients can be found at your local Trader Joe’s or any other supermarket. Best part is that no crock pot needed – just about 30-40 minutes of your time!
Pumpkin Turkey Chili
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 White Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, diced
1 pkg (1.5 lbs) All-Natural Ground Turkey
1 can Organic Diced & No Salt Added Tomatoes
2 cans Organic Pumpkin
1 can Organic White Beans, drained
1 Bell Pepper (Orange or Red)
1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or more, to taste)
- To top/garnish: 1/2 avocado and some mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté onions and bell peppers in olive oil for about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add in ground turkey and continue sautéing until turkey is browned.
- Move the mixture to a large sauce pan.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes, two cans of pumpkin, white beans and spices.
- Bring to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Once the chili reaches a boil – reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour servings into bowls and top with slices of avocado and a small amount of cheese.
Enjoy : )
Leave a Reply